- Sometimes you just aren’t enough: not smart enough for the school, not experienced enough the job, not talented enough for the part, not old enough for the girl, not wet enough for the wet t-shirt contest. It’s okay. Really, it is. You can and will be happy elsewhere.
- If you’ve spent a lifetime hating yourself, and then decide not to, it’s okay to have a honeymoon period with yourself of being totally conceited. Just know that you can’t stay there forever unless you want to be unbearable to other human beings.
- Learn how to anchor prices; i.e. learn what goods are worth so you won’t buy absurdly priced things. You can do this by window shopping, asking around, reading reviews and getting painfully fleeced of your hard-earned money a couple of times.
- Never take your anger out on the people you love.
- Expecting sex to always be spontaneous in a long-term monogamous relationship is asking for the end of your sex life. Get over yourselves and schedule for sex, like the ridiculously responsible, sexy couple you are(n’t).
- People only see what you show them; don’t expect to be appreciated for the things you are theoretically capable of if no one ever sees it.
- Try as much as possible to have no secrets and tell no lies. It’s kind of exciting. It’s probably not a good idea, though.